The WORD Studio would be delighted to visit your class to give a 10-minute presentation encouraging your students to use our services. Our presentation is especially useful to your students if you’re requiring tutorials for an assignment. Email us at email@example.com or submit your information here to book a visit.
Statement for your Syllabus
The WORD Studio offers both online and face-to face tutorials for your papers, speeches, posters, and reading assignments. Tutors, who come from a variety of majors, minors, and backgrounds, are thoroughly trained and friendly peers who can do the following:
- Help you understand an assignment
- Help you build an argument or structure in papers and oral presentations
- Help you expand your vocab and work on sentence structure
- Work with you on a powerpoint or poster
- Refine your reading skills
- Help you learn to avoid plagiarism through proper citation
- Navigate different genres and disciplinary expectations
The WORD Studio is an intentionally antiracist, anti-ableist space that embraces all linguistic varieties and learning styles.
We also offer ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) and science writing specialists, but all our tutors are trained to assist with any communication assignment. Our friendly, conversational tutorials can be up to 50 minutes in length. Visit our our website to view our hours and make an appointment. If you have any questions about our services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Appointment Worksheets
If you’re requiring appointments this semester, consider having students fill out this worksheet before and after the tutorial so that they are focused and engaged during the tutorial, and get more out of the tutorial.